Thursday 29 April 2010

Professor Stefania Fortuna

I learnt that the Wellcome Center for the History of Medicine at UCL is to be closed. It is a terrible news, difficult to understand and accept. I imagine that the Wellcome Trust and UCL think they have good reasons, especially the Wellcome Trust, which was always very generous and far-sighted with the History of Medicine. But I hope that this decision can be changed, if the importance of the Center is duly considered. Without it all the scholars from all over the world in the History of Medicine are left without a common home for meetings, discussions, etc. I was a guest of the Center in 1991/92 and since then I felt always as part of a very large family. Please don't destroy what so many valuable scholars built with their hard work.

Stefania Fortuna
Associate Professor of the History of Medicine
Università Politecnica delle Marche

No comments:

Post a Comment