Friday 30 April 2010

Professor Anthony Cerulli

I would like to add my name and support to the chorus of people who are lamenting the announced closure of the Wellcome Centre. As a visiting scholar at the Centre on two occasions, I have benefited greatly from the collegiality and expertise of the Centre's faculty, staff, and graduate students. The people and resources at the Centre have informed my research in innumerable positive ways, and I am deeply saddened by the prospect that this unexcelled institution for the History of Medicine is not being supported beyond 2012. This decision is awful and rather shortsighted. The loss of the Centre will greatly inhibit the discipline of the History of Medicine. I strongly encourage the Trust to reconsider their decision to close the Centre.

Anthony Cerulli
Assistant Professor
Department of Religious Studies
Department of Asian Languages and Cultures
Hobart and William Smith Colleges

No comments:

Post a Comment